Apple Charlotte Recipe Made With Honey - No Sugar
This Apple Charlotte recipe uses no sugar at all.
And with one variation of the recipe you can make this an extremely low fat dish as well as a no-sugar dish.
This recipe is from a cookbook published in 1921.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon of gelatin.
- 1/4 cup of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- 1 cup of whipped cream. (To make a very low fat version of this recipe, substitute 2 egg whites for the whipped cream. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff.)
Apple Charlotte Instructions:
- Soak the gelatin in 3 tablespoons of cold water, and then heat the gelatin in 3 tablespoons of boiling water until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in the honey, lemon juice and apple sauce.
- When the mixture begins to harden around the edges as it cools, start beating it with a beater while gradually adding in the whipped cream (or egg whites).
- Continue beating until the mixture is stiff enough to drop off of a spoon rather than dribbling, and then pour into a mold and chill.
- The recipe suggests serving with soft custard.