Apple Charlotte Recipe Made With Honey
This Apple Charlotte recipe uses no sugar at all. And with one variation of the recipe you can make this an extremely low fat dish.
This recipe is from a cookbook published in 1921.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon of gelatin.
- 1/4 cup of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- 1 cup of whipped cream. (To make a very low fat version of this recipe, substitute 2 egg whites for the whipped cream. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff.)
Apple Charlotte Instructions:
- Soak the gelatin in 3 tablespoons of cold water, and then heat the gelatin in 3 tablespoons of boiling water until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in the honey, lemon juice and apple sauce.
- When the mixture begins to harden around the edges as it cools, start beating it with a beater while gradually adding in the whipped cream (or egg whites).
- Continue beating until the mixture is stiff enough to drop off of a spoon rather than dribbling, and then pour into a mold and chill.
- The recipe suggests serving with soft custard.
Return from Apple Charlotte Recipe to Honey Recipes
Go from Apple Charlotte Recipe to Bees and Beekeeping Home Page