Honey Apple Pudding Recipe
Got a hankering for a nice, thick, rich apple pudding sweetened with the unique flavor of honey?
Here’s a recipe that uses honey, brown sugar and stewed apples.
From a cookbook published in 1921.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of stewed apples.
- 1 cup of honey.
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- 4 tablespoons of shortening.
- 2 cups of fine bread crumbs.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves.
Honey Apple Pudding Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake for 35 minutes in a ‘slow’ oven (about 300 degrees F).
- Serve the pudding with a thin applesauce that has been sweetened with honey.