Honey Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Here’s a candied sweet potatoes recipe that utilizes honey as the only sweetener.
This recipe is from a cookbook that was published in 1920.
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon of mace
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 6 sweet potatoes, boiled and peeled
Recipe for Candied Sweet Potatoes Instructions:
- Boil and peel 6 sweet potatoes.
- Mix the honey, shortening, mace and cinnamon in a large frying pan, bring to a boil and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Place the sweet potatoes along with 4 tablespoons of water in the honey syrup and turn them frequently, coating them well with the syrup.
- Cook the potatoes under low heat for 20 minutes.