Honey Caramels Recipe
Here’s a caramels recipe that uses both honey and sugar to produce a buttery, creamy treat.
This recipe is from a cookbook published in 1921.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
Honey Caramels Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients except for the vanilla in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 248 degrees F - the firm ball stage (a drop of the mixture placed in cold water forms a firm ball).
- Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla, and then pour into a lightly greased pan.
- Once cooled, you should be able to invert the pan and turn out the block of candy. Cut it into small squares with a sharp knife.