Honey Cookies Recipe
Honey cookies for a sweet treat! Here's a recipe that is sweetened equally with honey and brown sugar.
This recipe was published in 1921.
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup of honey
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 7 tablespoons of shortening
- 3 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of mace
Honey Cookies Instructions:
- Combine the honey, brown sugar, egg and shortening and beat until well blended.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut out cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a ‘moderate’ oven (about 350 degrees F).