Honey Squares Recipe
Honey squares is an old-fashioned candy sweetened with honey and brown sugar.
This recipe is from a cookbook dated 1916.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Crisco
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- A pinch of cream of tarter
Honey Squares Instructions:
- Place the Crisco, salt, honey, cream and sugar into a saucepan, stir over low heat until dissolved, then add the cream of tarter.
- Boil the mixture until it forms a hard ball when a drop is placed in cold water (252 degrees F).
- Remove from heat, stir in the lemon extract, and then pour the mixture into a greased pan.
- Cut into squares when cool. Should make about 25 squares.