Here are some honey butter recipes that will add some bang to your biscuits and titillate your toast. Enjoy!
First – just in case this is really all you’re looking for – here’s a simple recipe for a basic honey and butter combo:
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange or lemon peel
In a bowl, combine the butter or margarine, honey and freshly grated lemon peel. Stir until well blended.
Here’s a honey butter recipe that’s a little bit nutty:
Almond Honey Butter
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1/4 cup almond flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
Beat butter until smooth. Gradually add liqueur and honey. Stir in orange peel. Chill until ready to serve.
And here’s one that’s both nutty and fruity:
Honey Cranberry Butter
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup prepared cranberry sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ground walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
Whip butter until pale yellow. Add cranberries, honey, cranberry sauce, walnuts, milk and orange peel. Whip until light pink in color.
Frozen cranberries may be used in place of fresh. Chop before thawing.
Dare you try this one!?
1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and mashed
1/3 cup honey
Blend or whip avocado and honey. Cover mixture with plastic wrap placed directly on the surface of the spread. Refrigerate until well chilled for best flavor and spreading consistency.